Miranda Kerr Fan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Duke Spirit

2 posters

Go down

The Duke Spirit Empty The Duke Spirit

Post  Jessica Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:50 pm

i was taking a look at Alexander McQueen's thread and remembered Liela Moss, she is the vocal Very Happy
they are such an amazing band and i think liela has a really cool style, *omg my english is bad*

The Duke Spirit Duke-s10

The Duke Spirit are an English rock band, with an affinity to the sound of My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth and the Pixies, a band The Duke Spirit has covered live in their early shows. Their primal take on Rock and roll, blues and soul music allies them to groups such as Patti Smith Group, Spiritualized, 60's Girl Group such as The Shangri-Las and Phil Spector's Wall of Sound.
The band formed from the meeting of Moss and Ford at an art college in Cheltenham, where they were studying painting and photography, respectively. They moved to London together and began writing songs. After a short time they convinced mutual friend Butler to join the band, and they began to perform under the moniker Solomon. During this period they shared a flat with various other people trying to make it in their various facets of media. One of their flatmates, Higgins turned out to be a guitar player looking for similarly minded musicians. After a chance meeting with drummer Olly Betts, who was at the time studying Music in London, the band developed as a complete unit with a new name, The Duke Spirit by early 2003
In February 2009, the band released a 10-track compilation CD featuring three songs never released in the US ("Masca", "Souvenir", "Do What You Love") as well as a cover of Alex Chilton's "Baby Doll". The CD was sold alongside a McQ Alexander McQueen fashion collection, one of the shirts of which featured the face of singer Liela Moss.
-wikipedia

Jessica
Jessica

Female Number of posts : 878
Registration date : 2009-02-24

http://honeydoom.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Duke Spirit Empty Re: The Duke Spirit

Post  Hautelawgirl Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:56 pm

They have a nice Sound ! But Muse is still my all time favorite The Duke Spirit 31909 hehe !
Hautelawgirl
Hautelawgirl

Female Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum